Monday, December 17, 2012

10 days later...

I used to LOVE teaching statistics, but for the life of me, I can not wrap my brain around the improbabilities of the last few weeks.

What are the chances of FIVE different tests missing the cancer that was in my thyroid?
What are the chances of BOTH cars breaking within 24 hours of each other, both with busted ignition switches?
What are the chances of me randomly signing up for cancer insurance that took effect six weeks before my diagnosis?
What are the chances of me happening to have the right colors (and only those colors) of fondant for tonight's cake when I haven't ordered supplies in forever?

Apparently, p(all that) = 1.

Anyway, 10 days into the new regime and here's what I've learned:

I take the synthroid at 6am- right when the alarm goes off- so that I can have coffee or breakfast at 7. That's working.

I take the calcium at noon: six hours after the synthroid. If I try to skip the calcium, I get shaky and weak. If I wait too long, I get shaky. If I take it too early, I get tired. I don't know why this is, but the noon thing is working so far.

The incision is healing like a boss. No pain, no infection, and no more itching! No worries. The swelling is down but still quite visible.

I go to the endocrinologist in January to see about the radioactive iodine treatment.

My voice is still limited. It feels normal, but sometimes I go to talk and nothing comes out. I still can't yell (at all) or inflect my voice like asking a question. But I can talk, eat, and breathe, so I can't complain.

And I got to go to Honey Boo Boo's house. So there's that.
Here's me in Honey Boo Boo's back yard:




See? p.s. I love Momma. She's so nice in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment