Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dear OCS,

Dear <school system where my kids will start next year>,

I promise that I will do my absolute best:
- to respect my kid's teachers as the experts.
- to remember that I have NEVER seen what my kid is like in a classroom when I'm not there.
- to expect the best from my kids.
- to teach my kids that education is valuable.
- to thank my kids' teachers.
- to be as involved as I can without being a nuisance.
- to give others the benefit of the doubt, even if I don't receive the same.
- to show my kids that they and their teachers are on the same team.
- to thank the staff at their schools... not just the faculty.
- to hold my children accountable for their successes and mistakes because I am the parent and it's MY job.

Feel free to remind me to check this list.
- Mandi

1 comment:

  1. I failed miserably at this this year. Last year, I was good though.

    ReplyDelete