Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thrift Store Magic

I've been hitting the local (and not-so-local) thrift stores for a while now, looking for things that would work in the bakery. The someday bakery. So far, I don't have much to show for it. Partly because I don't have a bakery to put anything in. And partly because thrift stores are so full of magical goodness that I get easily distracted.

I could record all sorts of thrifty goodness for posterity here. And, in all likelihood, I'll post some pics of bakery finds as I get them over on the Cakeapotamus blog. But today, there's this:


There are so many things to say about this oil painting. Yet, at the same time, there are no words. Wait, there's a word: Why?

Why is she making that face? It's like he just stepped on her paw and then backed off right when the picture was taken.

Except... this isn't a picture. It's a painting. So that face was on purpose.

Is this the lioness version of the duck face?

I took this picture at an antique mall a while ago. I remember that this painting cost a lot of money. Like- in the hundreds. Which is more than the $4 I would have paid. Though it is a lovely conversation starter.

I just don't think those are the types of conversations I want happening in my someday bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment